20th March 2015
Gearing up for summer - I'm going to be at the LA Vintage Paperback Show, this weekend, in Glendale. I'm also, once again, hoping to attend the Los Angeles Times Book festival in April.
Book stuff - Blood Nocturnal, the second in my vampire series, is out via Crossroad Press! And I've had a short story accepted by Eric Miller for the 18 Wheels of Horror anthology. A great start to the year!
Also - the end of last year saw the release of Carousel's sequel THE ONLY RED IS BLOOD. Published by NeconeBooks and Omnium Gatherum, they gave me some great covers!
23rd September 2014
It's been a busy summer, and I'm late with updates, as usual. So, here we are, with yet another list of THINGS THAT ALREADY HAPPENED!
Book news first -
1) I had a short story published in Halloween Tales, an anthology that, oddly enough, features spooky tales with a Hallowe'en theme! Created by members of the LA Chapter of the Horror Writers Association, proceeds go toward the HWA Hardship Fund. It's a good read!
2) I signed a three book deal with Crossroad Press. The first of a new vampire series - Blood Paternal - is out on the 28th September, the second will follow, early in the new year. To say I'm thrilled would be a gross understatement. Screaming from the rooftops with excitement would better.
1) I did a podcast in July! On the Martin Lastrapes Show!
2) Early August I attended Scare L.A., a local horror convention. Very well attended. The Horror Writers Association had a booth there.
3) I read from the upcoming Carousel sequel - The Only Red Is Blood - at the Shades and Shadows show in North Hollywood on the 20th September. An all woman event, and we played to a packed house. It was the first outing for TORIB, and everyone seemed to enjoy Luke's first trip into Hell.
Upcoming Events -
1) Long Beach Comic Con this Saturday 27th Sept. I'll be at the HWA booth. Come and say hello!
2) An afternoon of Horror writers at the Pasadena Central Library, on Sat Oct 4th. I'll be there, cheering on our panelists, and there'll be a signing afterward. It should be a great afternoon.
Other than that, on the writing front, I have a lot of work to do. Edits on Blood Nocturnal. And new prose - a novelette, and two urban fantasies. All of which should keep me busy and firmly out of trouble.
21st June 2014
Two things of note:
1) I'm far too late in announcing this on the web page, but here goes. I'll be in North Hollywood tonight, at this event -
It should be a whole lot of fun, and wish me luck, it'll be my first reading!
2) I've just signed a contract for Carousel's sequel - THE ONLY RED IS BLOOD. Yay! It's going to be published electronically initially, via Necon eBooks and should be out August or September. More details when I know for sure.
10th April 2014
This weekend I'll be at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. I'm likely to be there both days, but specifically I'll be at the Horror Writers Association booth #858, between 1pm and 3pm signing print copies of Carousel, so please stop by and say hello!
26th March 2014
Very pleased to announce that the print version of Carousel is being published by Omnium Gatherum. Brand new cover, and today marks the opening day!